Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wash Day Jan 16

First off... Happy 33rd Birthday AALIYAH Rest in peace beautiful!
I spent my washday jamming to Aaliyah's hits <3

1. Okay so wash day began last night with an overnight pre-poo. My scalp was extremely itchy a dry so I made my own concoction with grape seed oil, olive oil, castor oil , almond oil, and peppermint (for the itching). I rubbed the oil mix into my scalp and down to my ends, then saran wrapped my head and tied my scarf over that to go to bed.




2. When it was time to wash my hair I used Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Sulfate Free Shampoo. This was my first time using this product and I thought it was okay. I was a little curious how a sulfate free shampoo could also be a clarifying shampoo. In the end it felt stripped, didn't lather well, and isn't something I would use again.

3. I followed with the corresponding conditioner which I loved! ( Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Conditioner. ) I gave my scalp a tingling sensation which was relieving after my scalp issues this week.

4. For my deep conditioner I got really creative with the things around my house. I will be returning back to school this weekend where all of my hair supplies are but until then most of my pre-poos and dc's will be DIY's. Anyways, I used a mix of Hello Hydration, Vanilla yogurt (don't judge lol), olive oil, and honey. I saturated my whole head with my mix and walked around with a plastic cap for about an hour and a half.

5. I used Neutrogena's Triple Moisture leave in and Kinky Curly's Knot Today's leave in, then sealed with olive oil. Next I allowed my hair to air dry before braiding back up and sewing my U-part wig back on.

Here's a pic of my hair about 80% dry- 8 weeks post, 8 months into my hair journey
 Also take a peak at my new length shirt I made the other night. I want to be grazing APL by my next relaxer, the first bold black line!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!