Anyways this week I decided to do a flexi-rod set. I have now done a flex-rod set since this day, back in early 2013. Now that my hair is gaining some length, I can get back to some of my favorite styles.
1. I pre-pooed my hair with coconut oil and tea-tree oil for my dry scalp. Since the weather has been cooler I have notice a difference in the moisture level of my hair.
2. Washed hair with Organix Keratin Oil Shampoo
3. Deep conditioned for 30 minutes under the steamer with one of my new favorite deep conditioners, Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafuru Oil. I randomly picked this conditioner up at Target with a gift card I won from work, I never imagined I would like it so much. It is super moisturizing
4. Rinsed and applied Paul Mitchell's smoothing conditioner for a few minutes, then rinsed out
5. T-shirt dried and began rodding my hair using setting lotion and eco styler gel.
This is how I preserved my set every night. I would wear my hair in a pineapple at night, which really works well, and put a fish net over my curls. I've seen a few of my favorite bloggers do this method, and I am really glad I stole it lol.
For me this set was nice, but not really what I was going for. First off I didn't have enough of the correct sized rods so my curls weren't as large in the front. Personally I prefer a bantu knot out because of the carefree look of it. This style was a little too styled for me. I preferred this set a few days later when it loosed up and the curls fell a bit. I have no idea what I was thinking using two holding products for this set. Next time I will aim for a much softer set.