March 2013 Updated regimen
It's spring now so I am doing a little more to my hair. I have kicked the wig regimen to the curb for now until probably the spring. I still wash my hair on Wednesdays about 90% percent of the time, but I also cowash on Sundays.
1. I prepoo with coconut/olive/grapeseed oil for a few minutes (usually 10-15) and finger detangle my hair before getting in the shower
2. I cowash my hair using Hello Hydration, unless I feel my hair is in desparate need of protein, then I would use Long Term Relationship, or my V05 Moisture Milk Strawberries and Cream conditioner.
3. I usually follow up the co wash with either Aussie 3 minute miracle, Neutrogena Daily Deep Conditioner, or Paul Mitchell's Smoothing Super Skinny Daily Treatment Conditioner.
4. I air dry and apply leave-ins- Kinky Curly Knot Today or Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave and seal with either grapeseed oil or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.
From Sunday- Wednesday I bun or an occasional pony tail-
1. Prepoo with an oil of my choice & finger detangle. Sometimes I will use a cheap conditioner along with an oil to pre poo from 20-30 minutes
2. Wash hair with Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo or Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo. Every four weeks I clarify with Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo
3. I apply a black tea rinse to my scalp every wash day for 15-25 minutes
4. I deep condition every wash day either under a conditioning cap or under my hooded dryer for 20-45 minutes. I had been known to use Kera Care Humecto Creme Conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, Kera Care Intensive Restorative Masque, and Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream by Silk Dreams.
5. Apply my smoothing conditioner Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Daily Treatment (Smoothing)
6. T shirt dry for 20ish minutes
7. Apply leave-ins and detangle
8. Set hair in a low manipulation style, braid out, bantu knot oil, flexi rod, roller set, ect....
* I clarify my scalp every 4 weeks
* Protein treatments as needed (around 3-4 weeks)
* Hard Protein- once a stretch (around 8 week mark)
* Relax every 12 weeks
* ACV rinse after relaxer
* Black tea rinse every wash day- shedding is one of my main problems
* Dust hair every relaxer
* Thorough trim every 6 months
Every day things...
* Moisturize and seal daily- NTM leave in/Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk/Cantu Shea Butter leave in- seal with grapeseed oil and or Elasta QP Mango Lime Butter
* Apply castor oil to scalp every other night
* Apply S-curl to new growth every other night
* Take vitamins every morning
* Castor oil on edges every night
* Drink 64oz of water daily
* Exercise Sunday - Friday (6 days/week)
* Clean Eating