Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Relaxed Hair Braidout



In my previous post I mentioned that I had slightly tweaked my braidout method. I thought I'd share one of my more recent results!

I typically begin on freshly washed and deep conditioned hair, that has been air drying for about 2 hours. After detangling with a large wide tooth comb, I part my hair into fours to focus on just one section. Each quarter has two braids that I secure with small perms rods.













For styling products I am still a huge fan of the Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk, it just give my hair a lot of definition and hold without feeling sticky or weighed down. I will admit, I am ready to try another product but this one is definitely a staple. For a sealant, I use grapeseed oil in t
he cooler months, and coconut oil in the warmer months. The weather has been truly disrespectly lately, so today I definitely grabbed the grapeseed oil.







I seal the ends with castor oil, and sleep over night in a bonnet. After 8 hours, my hair is typically dry enough and ready to take down. I coat my ends with one of my many serums and oil to take down... and lastly FLUFF! I like for my braidouts to have loads of volume, and to not look over styled.











Finished Product



1 comment:

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!