Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wash Day

             Today (Wednesday) I am 9 weeks post! Once I hit 9 weeks post my new growth is nice and coily to the point where I cannot keep my fingers out of it. Anyway, when I removed my u-part wig and took down my hair I had a really nice curl pattern and my hair was still very moist. It was an super long wash day with a lot of steps but now that I am in my last month before the relaxer, I need to baby this new growth. Today was all about moisture moisture moisture!! So this is how my wash day went:

top right: half detangled hair, bottom right: snap of super curly leave out this morning, bottom left: crown area of freshly washed hair, check out that new growth!, top left freshly washed hair

1. Take down u-part wig, washed with a VO5 Clarifying Conditioner and set aside to dry

2. Separate hair in 4 parts and detangled with Mane and Tail Detangler. I forgot how much I loved this stuff, I did not bring it home over break so this is the first time using it in over a month. Since my scalp was still a bit itchy this week I applied EVOO and JBCO to my scalp, and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner. I left it on my head with a plastic cap for 40 minutes and spend the last 10 minutes under the dryer.
        This was my first time using my new Hard Bonnet Dryer from Ion that I received on Christmas. It seemed to get extremely hot, and I cannot wait to try a roller/wrap set with it.

3. Wash with Kera Kare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo Sulfate free in 2 sections. Then I followed with the KeraKare Hydrating Detangling Conditioner and left that on my head while I finished showering.

4. Right away I was loving the way my hair felt just after shampooing. Since I had not done a Black tea rinse in about 3-4 weeks I decided to do one. I sectioned my hair in 4 parts, then sprayed my roots with the tea, and lastly sprayed the length of my hair and covered it with a plastic cap for 30 mins.

5. After the 30 mins were up I applied my DC mix to the length of my hair. This week's DC consisted of the VO5's Moisture Milk Strawberries and Cream, Coconut Oil, and Aussie 3 minute miracle. I put this on top of the BTR and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes

6. Once I did the final rinse of my hair, I T-shirt dried for a few hours while I watched American Idol and ate dinner.

7. When my hair was about 80 percent dry I detangled with Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Detangler. Then I section off my leave out, so I could M&S the rest of my hair. This week I used Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk as my moisturizer, sealed with Olive Oil, followed by Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter, and finally ended with Organix Morrocan Penetrating Oil.  I put two braids in my hair to dry and put my scarf on to deal with the next step in the morning, because I was extremely tired LOL.

This morning I woke up to nice soft moisturized hair, I rebraided it and sewed on my u-part.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!