Saturday, December 7, 2013

Product Review- Giovanni

Now that my semester is almost over, (hallelujah) I plan to do some updating to this blog. It's been way too long since I posted but I have a few items that I've been trying out since I've been gone. With the weather changing, I have to start using different products and techniques to accommodate the cooler temperatures. That being said I'm going to be reviewing 4 products for you guys!!! (well 2 right now)

First up: Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Threat Invigorating Shampoo
I picked this product up at my local health food store for $4.99! I could not pass up on that deal. It says it's for all hair types and contains botanical oils of cooling peppermint, conditioning rosemary and clarifying eucalyptus.
CLAIMS:
  • Enriched with certified organic botanicals
  • No animal by-products
  • Cruelty free
  • Increases scalp circulation for a refreshed, renewed feeling
  • Removes all traces of dirt, oil and build-up
  • Alleviates dry, flaking scalp with organic peppermint botanicals
  • Contains no laurel/laureth sulfate
Shampoo should clean hair.  Really good shampoo should make you tingle from head to toe.  With Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo, invigorating ingredients wash in rejuvenating while washing away the previous day.  You're left with something rich, something clean.  Something incredibly stimulating.... for hair and mind.  Think about it.

My thoughts- I really liked the way this shampoo felt on my scalp. It was a nice cooling sensation that relived the dryness and itching I had. The shampoo is clear and the consistency is similar to Dial's antibacterial hand soap. The shampoo smells amazing, they did something right with the mixture of herbs. The shampoo does have a slight lather, which I like in any of my shampoos. Overall this was a really nice product, I could see myself switching this out with my Redkin clarifying shampoo.

Second product: Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Threat Invigorating Conditioner
This product was also 5 bucks and I got it at the health food store.

Contains organic oils of conditioning rosemary, cooling peppermint, calming eucalyptus
  • Increases scalp circulation for a refreshed, renewed feel
  • Strengthens hair with a three-organic-oil-blend to stimulate, condition and calm
  • Alleviates dry, flaking scalp with organic tea tree botanicals
  • Encourages natural shine and resilience
You expect a conditioner to moisturize, smooth and detangle. You expect it to create a silky, sexy feel. You probably don't expect it to make you tingle all over. With Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Conditioner, an incredible plethora of stimulating ingredients provide all of that plus a real treat for hair: excitement. Who knew that conditioning could be so top of mind?

My thoughts- For me this conditioner felt just okay. It is definitely not a deep conditioner by any means, but my hair still felt good. My scalp actually tingled more with this product over the shampoo, which I thought was kind of weird. The consistency was creamy and watery like baby lotion, which allowed it to sink into my hair easily. The smell was identical to the shampoo which I loved, but that's about all i loved. I left the product in my hair for about 20 minutes, and when I rinsed it out I definitely wasn't wowed. In the future, I could see myself using this for a really nice co-wash.

The verdict: I think both of these products are great for dry itchy scalps and the scent is amazing. I really enjoyed the shampoo for clarifying and soothing reasons, but the conditioner is not to die for. I expect most condioners to be miraculously smoothing and softening, but that was not the case. I will continue to use both products, and I'll definitely repurchase the shampoo. (especially if it's on sale lol)

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Do you think that the conditioner would be better with heat?

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I'm not sure if heat will help the conditioner, but I'm almost positive it won't hurt. I'm thinking I will try to work with this conditioner a little more to see if I can get better results. Maybe next time I'll try it with heat to see if helps and update the review.

      Delete
  2. I have this set, too! And I also got them dirt cheap (like $2) at a wellness store that was going out of business. I've only used them a few times, but initially I was unimpressed with both. I recently started loving the shampoo tho. I think I will use them a couple more times before I make a decision. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! I really enjoyed the shampoo, especially with my dry scalp issues and the cooler weather.

      Delete

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!