1. I started with detangling my braids from the last cowash day. I am still using Mane n' Tail's detangler since the beginning days of my journey. I pre-pooed using Tresemme Natural's Nourishing Conditioner and sealed it with Grapeseed Oil.
2. I washed my hair with my Hair Cleansing Cream since I knew I was going to straightening my hair. I have to be very careful with the products I use when planning to straighten because my hair is fine, and limp hair is not okay!
|From Air Dried to sections and then blow dried|
4. After rinsing out the deep conditioner, I let my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Conditioner sit on my hair for a few minutes while I showered. I towel dried my hair for about 45 minutes before spraying my leave-ins (Aphogee Green Tea & Elasta QP) and allowing my hair to air dry for another 30 minutes.
5. Once my hair was about 70-80% dry I separated it into 6 parts to prepare to blow dry. I used my Silk Elements heat protector and blow dried on medium warm.
|Half way done/ Finished results|
6. Once my hair was dry I sprayed Organix's flat iron spray on each section to flat iron. Honestly, I do not think the flat iron spray does anything special to my hair, but I did love the way it makes my hair smell :). I wasn't too worried since I used heat protector and my Paul Michell's Super Skinny Serum before blow drying. When actually flat ironing I only passed the iron through each section twice.
My end results were great! It was fully of body and movement, which are the two things I aim for.