|Twist out turned braid out last wknd|
I tried a few new things this week which prolonged my washday but I did not mind. I actually look forward to washday and crop out about 5 hours to finish it. I try to multi-task during this time as well; cooking, catching up on homework, catching up on my shows lol. I also do a brief co-wash on Sundays that just consists of a cheap conditioner (hello hydration or VO5 moisture milks) and follow with an instant conditioner. Anyways here are the steps to today's long wash day
1. Pre-poo w/coconut, olive oil, honey 30ish minutes
2. Wash w/ Organics Awapaui Ginger Shampoo-- I really do need to use the shampoo more often b/c it is amazingly moisturizing yet makes my hair feel clean.
3. I made a fresh batch of BTR and left it on for 25 minutes. I am still not likely the amount of shedding I've been having this last week.
4. I applied my DC over my BTR and this week my DC is the KeraCare Intensive Restorative Masque mixed with Castor Oil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This week is my DC with heat week ( I cannot commit to it every week so I do it every other week) and after doing a porosity test last week I determind that I have extremely low porous hair. Which means I need a little extra help moisturizing-- so I tried to fake steaming method. After applying my deep conditioner and putting on a processing cap, I put a hot towel on top of the cap and my conditioning cap over the top of that. Then I sat under the hooded dryer for 25 minutes.
5. I wanted to do a clear rinse for the longest- like literally 4 months and I kept asking my beautician to do one with my relaxer but she always "forgot". So I bit the bullet and used the Jazzing Clear rinse in #10 and left it on for 25 minutes.
6. I t-shirt dried for about 20 minutes and applied my KeraCare Leave-In and the Organix Moroccan Penetraiting Oil Serum. Next I detangled--- and my hair felt amazing!!! I'm assuming this is from the clear rinse but it detangled so easily and it felt so smooth!
7. I applied my flexi rods and slept in them over night under my bonnet.
8. Results-- It was different lol... The last time I did flexi rods was last July on shoulder lengthish hair about 7wks post. Today my hair is about 3 weeks post and APL, I think next time I will set the flexi rods differently to get more of what I'm aiming for. This looks similar to my BKO.
|Flexi-rod from 7/4/12|