Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wash Day 2.8 + * 8 week check in

      Let me start off by saying that  I was in no mood to deal with my hair, and even considered putting my wash day off. I was in a car accident the other day so I am stressed out dealing with insurance companies and body shops. I did my best to give my hair some type of attention but my mind was really somewhere else. Somehow I still managed to get great results!
air dry- low quality
       I am currently 8 weeks post and my hair/ new growth is really soft. Since my last check-in at 4 weeks I have cut a few chunks out of my hair :/. Unfortunately I had a now annual hair drug test and they have to cut my hair from the follicle!!! The lady tried to pick discrete places in my hair but I was still pretty bummed out. She ended up cutting from 3 different places in the back of my hair--- honestly I wanted to take those scissors and cut her with them lol. Not totally joking tho. Now I have some explaining to do at the salon when I get my next relaxer.
new growth shot 8w. post
texlaxed roots to bone straight ends
   
Since getting the cut I have really been considering cutting off my straight ends, since we're just snipping away. I know my hair would look a billion times nicer and thicker if I did so but we will see, I have a few more weeks to think about it.
      Now that my blog is 3 months old I can go back to my last stretch and see how my hair looked at 8 weeks post. Unfortunately I cannot tell if I have more or less new growth than I did last time, but I can say that my hair feels a lot better than it even has since I have been taking care of it. 

On to my wash day:
1. pre-poo V-O5 clarifying conditioner, small amounts of grapeseed oil, coconut oil, evoo, & castor oil- not sure how long I left it on but def over an hour
2. wash Organic Root Stimulator creamy aloe shampoo- it was clarify week
3. black tea rinse- I was in a bit of a rush so I just sprayed it directly on my hair in the shower and left it on for about 4 minutes before rinsing out
4. deep condition- Hair & Repair Deep Conditioner by ORS for 20 mins with heat
5. moisture DC- Aussie 3 minute miracle for 3 minutes in shower
6. smoothing- Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Daily Treatment 5 minutes
amount of hair loss during detangling
7. leave-in Aphogee Keratin Green Tea & PMSSS & detangle

Thinking about doing a review on the deep conditioner I used, but I will wait b/c I want to try it again before I do. As of now I have no plans to style my hair, and this was supposed to be the week I tackled another roller set. Ah well buns or braidouts it is.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could loose that little hair on wash days lol Happy Hair Growing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol detangling has been a breeze lately, I am shocked because usually at 8 weeks post I'm ready to break combs with my tangles.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you were not injured in hat car accident: sorry to hear about that.
    Your new growth look fine. You are doing a great job.
    How long does it take you to detangle your hair after washing them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed to say that I walked away from that accident w/o many injuries. My car is totaled out it's all working out.
      Honestly detangling for me is not very difficult. I do not keep my styles in for long than 3 days usually and I finger comb often. I know some ladies do not like to finger comb throughout the week, but I have seen that it is beneficial to my washday detangling sessions. So with all of that said it never takes longer than 15 minutes lol.

      Delete

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!