The first washday is always so bittersweet for me. I love the fact that my hair has been straight for a few days, but with all of the working out and oils it tends to get weighed down. Also it is so different to go from 12.5 week post hair last washday to silky smooth >1 week post hair today. I feel so bald when the water hits my hair, and my hair actually felt really heavy when it was wet. I cannot imagine how it will feel at WL or even MBL!!
1) So I pre-pooed with coconut oil & olive oil for a little over an hour
2) Washed hair (in halves b/c it seems to get really tangled now that it is a little longer) using Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo
3) Applied my pre-made BTR- I have to get my hair thicker so BTR's are a must this stretch. I left this on for 30 mins
4) After 30 mins I put my DC mixture of (KeraCare Humecto, Long Term Relationship Conditioner by Herbal Essences, JBCO, and EVOO. I got under the dryer with a plastic cap for 20 mins- this stretch I want to use heat with my DC every other week
5) I left my hair cool off before rinses off in the shower. Once my DC was rinsed off I did an ACV rinse (2 capfuls of ACV with 2 cups of water) to finish off my washday. So far I have only used ACV rinses on the washday following my relaxer, I plan to do more research on them before performing them more regularly. Does anyone else acv rinse frequently?
6) I T-shirt dried for 45 minutes, and applied my leave-in ( Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in) and lightly detangled
7) I didn't know what to do with my hair so I put in two french braids that I will undo this weekend for a braid out