|looks like about an inch of ng all around|
2. I had my mom braid my hair into my usual 4 braids that are worn undeneath my wigs to stretch my new growth.
3. No scratching, sweating, or re-wetting, all week.
4. Removed braids and finger deranged with oil. I try to refrain from manipulating my hair too much during prep week. Even texlaxed hair has shrinkage, see below.
5. Oiled my scalp with a mineral oil/ petroleum based product. I literally found this buried, under my sink but it did the job. My December relaxer burned so badly that I take many precautions to prevent that feeling.
6. Sectioned hair into 4 and used my favorite Mane and Tail detangler & seamless comb to work through each section. Most if the work had already been done by my fingers earlier.
7. Bantu knotted each section when done and applied castor oil to the parts.
* note tomorrow when I visit the salon I will have her base me again just to be safe.