Friday, February 28, 2014

Wash Day 9 weeks Post!

This post is actually from last weekend but I'm just now finding the time to post :/. Anyways, I have 3 more weeks until I relax at 12 weeks post, and so far the Wig Challenge has been going great. I am currently rocking a wavy u-part that I installed at 8 weeks post. The wig has combs attached and I remove it at night to moisturize and seal my braids.

This week I pre-pooed overnight with coconut oil, and the night before I detangled and separated with Mane n'tail detangler using my Hercules Sagemann comb. For the first time I decided to keep my hair braided throughout the entire wash day, and  I braided my hair into 8 braids.

My "hard protein"
The next morning I kept the braids in while I "washed" my hair using and ACV and water mixture on my scalp. I'm big on recycling items in my house for other uses so I chose to use this contact solution bottle lol.

ACV water mix 1part acv 2 part H2O
I had yet to do a hard protein treatment this stretch so I decided to use the ORS Replenishing Pak for 2 hours while still in braids.


Before rinsing out my hair I un-did the braids so that i could rinse out all the products. I followed up my deep conditioner with my smoothing conditioner, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Conditioner and left that in for about 5 minutes.

shed hair after air-drying
Once my hair was rinsed out I realized I did not like how "un-clean" my hair felt. Next time I try the ACV I will look into a "cleansing conditioner" so that I'm not using shampoo but I'm still cleaning my hair. I t-shirt dried and air dried my hair as usual. Once my hair was about 80% dry I began my braid pattern for the curly u-part wig I am currently rocking.
Wet n- wavy install

It was overall a decent wash day with very little shedding or tangles for 9 weeks post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!