Monday, February 3, 2014

Ordered my Hercules Sagemannn Seamless Comb!


5580
It's has been awhile since I posted a washday post, but I was excited to share how I liked my new comb. This week I am 6 weeks post relaxer and I have 6 more weeks to go. My new growth has remained unbelievably soft due to my homemade moisturizer. The past few weeks I have kept my hair braided underneath my wigs until washday, moisturizing and sealing as needed. This regimen has proven to work so well the last couple of months, that I am going to be doing a year long wig challenge in 2014! I will be doing a whole separate post on wigs sometime this month.

DETANGLE: I started by taking down the four braids that my hair had been in since Monday. I carefully detangled my hair using my new Hercules Sagemann 5580 seamless comb. My hair was pretty damp from my hot yoga class, so I did not use any products to detangle. I lost an average amount of hair, but the process was significantly shorter and I didn't hear any breaking of strands.

PRE-POO: I separated my hair into quadrants and slathered coconut oil to each section. I used a plastic cap to cover my head while I waited around for about 30 minutes. 

WASH: I washed with Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo after I rinsed out the coconut oil. I am looking to add another moisturizing shampoo because most of mine are clarifying. 

TREATMENT: Every two weeks or so I try to incorporate a light protein treatment into my regimen. Since the beginning of my journey I have been using Aphogee's 2 minute Reconstructor which I used this week after rinsing out my shampoo.

DEEP CONDITIONING: After squeezing out the the excess water from my hair, I used my favorite deep conditioner Kera Care Humecto.  I deep conditioned for about an hour while I slept for awhile.

SMOOTHING: After deep conditioning I rinsed out my hair and followed with Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Daily Treatment. I usually leave the treatment on for a few minutes while I finish my regular shower activities. (3-5 mins)

April Lace Wigs- Review coming soon
DRYING: I t-shirt dried my hair while I slept some more lol.. My workout had my so exhausted that day.. I applied my regular leave ins Aphogee Green Tea Restructorizer and Elasta QP's leave-in. I separated my hair into the same quadrants as earlier while I detangled each section with my new seamless comb. At 6 weeks post I lost very little strands and the detangling process went a lot smoother.

STYLING: Lastly, I braided my hair in 4 braids to fit underneath the wig I'm currently wearing. It's about time I either make or order a new wig, but for now it's getting the job done:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!